Update on condition of Wolves WR Emery Sammons
MANCHESTER, NH-- Manchester Wolves starting wide receiver Emery Sammons, who was taken from the field on a stretcher during the arenafootball2 league game last Saturday night and transported by ambulance to a local hospital, has been diagnosed with a minor concussion but suffered no additional head injuries.
His status for a return to practice and game action will be evaulated by the Wolves medical team from week to week.
Sammons, who is in good spirits, rejoined his team following the Wolves 50-48 loss to the Quad City Steamwheelers at the Verizon Wireless Arena. He was tackled into the boards late in the second quarter of the game.
Sammons, in his second season with the Wolves and in the af2, is currently Manchester's leading receiver with 42 caches for 631 yards and 12 touchdowns. His 105.2 average yards per game ranks 10th in the league.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 11, 2009
- Yard Dawgz vs. Vipers - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Dusters "Home Away From Home" party Monday night - Amarillo Venom
- Budweiser Buck Night Friday - Green Bay Blizzard
- Update on condition of Wolves WR Emery Sammons - Manchester Wolves
- Firecats Teaming Up With The Harry Chapin Food Bank - Florida Firecats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.