Tropics Have Big Presence for Brazil in 2019 World Minifootball World Cup
LAKELAND, Florida - A number of Florida Tropics will get their soccer season started a bit earlier this fall, after being named to the roter for Brazil in the upcoming 2019 World Minifootball World Cup.
The event, held every other year and won by the United States in 2015, will be held in Perth, Australia, in October, prior to the opening the Tropics training camp later that month.
Both of the Tropics goaltenders have been named, including Hugo Silva and newcomer Rainer Hauss, who was one of a bevy of top free agents signed in the off-season.
Also on the roster are free agent signees forward Ricardo Carvalho -- ninth in the entire MASL last season in goals scored with 30 -- and midfielder Ricardo Sobreira.
Hauss and Carvalho are currently listed on the team's 13-man active roster, while Hauss and Sobreira are currently alternates.
In all, seven of the 20 players for Brazil have experience in the Major Arena Soccer League. The Tropics are the only team with more than one player named for the event, which will run Oct. 1-11.
The Florida Tropics will start their fourth season in the MASL late this fall, with the team's home opener set for Saturday, Dec. 14 at the RP Funding Center in Lakeland. The 24-game regular season will kick off in late November, with a full schedule being released in the coming weeks. For season ticket information, call 863-240-0101.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from September 4, 2019
- Tropics Have Big Presence for Brazil in 2019 World Minifootball World Cup - Florida Tropics SC
- Tacoma Re-Signs Defender Cory Keitz - Tacoma Stars
- Utica City Re-Signs Ben Ramin and Jake Schindler - Utica City FC
- Baltimore Blast Announce New Look - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Silva, Parreiras Earm MASL Team of the Week Honors
- Hugo Silva Gets First-Ever Home Shutout as Tropics Roll Past Dallas Sidekicks, 8-0
- Tropics Lookk for Fifth Straight Win to Start Season as Dallas Sidekicks Visit Saturday
- Tropics Will Play Four Times in February; Will Host San Diego, Tacoma and Ontario in Mini-Tournament
- Tropics Place Pair - Ian Bennett and Drew Rugglels - on All MASL Week Two Team