Tropics Fall One-Short of Home Record for Goals in 15-4 Triumph over Dallas Sidekicks
LAKELAND, Fla. - Nine different players had multi-point nights as the Florida Tropics rolled past the Dallas Sidekicks, 15-4, in a Major Arena Soccer League game Friday night at the RP Funding Center in Lakeland.
The Tropics came into the game with the second most goal in the league this year, and took advantage of the fact the Sidekicks were without their talented starting goalkeeper Juan Gamboa, who was unable to attend Friday's game due to a personal matter. He is expected to be available for a rematch between the two teams Sunday in Lakeland.
Florida had a 6-1 lead at intermission, and their second half onslaught was sparked by a shorthanded goal by Zach Reget, the team's first goal while a man down this year.
For the night, Bruno Henrique continues his torrid sophomore season with a goal and three assists. Victor Parreiras, Ricardo Carvlaho and Kiel Williams all had two goals and an assist each, while Drew Ruggles had three assists. Reget ended the night with a pair of goals. Taylor Walter Bond and Breno Oliveria had a goal and assist each and Joshio Sandoval had two assists to round out the multi-point games for Florida.
The Tropics also got goals from J.P. Reyes, Anthony Arico and Chad Vandegriffe. Jamie Lovegrove had a goal and an assist for Dallas (5-5), who also got markers from Luiz Morales, Sebastian Mendez and Bradley Baladez.
Florida (8-1) netminder Hugo Silva picked up his seventh win of the season, while rookie Chase Coy took the loss in his first ever MASL matchup.
Sunday's start will be at 3:05 p.m.
The game will be broadcast live on the MASL's YouTube channel as well as live on the "For the Fans" network available on DirecTV (Channel 623) and many cable and streaming services such as AT&T Uverse (1665), Verizon Fios (597) and Roku (228).
Local fans can score free general admission to all of the team's home games this winter thanks to its sponsors who are presenting the "Tropics Blitz".
The "Tropics Blitz" will provide free general admission tickets as a way of providing a great evening of family entertainment for parents and kids who have had their activities curtailed because of the ongoing pandemic. Vehicles with two or more persons will pay $20 to park, and then be able to take their parking receipt to the RP Funding Center box office for the same number of free tickets to that day's game as occupants in the vehicle. Single occupant vehicles will pay just $10 for parking.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 21, 2022
- Blast Fall to Fury, 4-10 - Baltimore Blast
- Tropics Fall One-Short of Home Record for Goals in 15-4 Triumph over Dallas Sidekicks - Florida Tropics SC
- Sidekicks Suffer 15-4 Loss against Florida Tropics - Dallas Sidekicks
- UCFC Beaten by Milwaukee in Final Seconds - Utica City FC
- Primetime in Primetime - Tacoma Stars
- Comets Host Stars at T-Mobile Center Saturday - Kansas City Comets
- MASL to Honor Gino D'Ippolito - MASL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Tropics Battle to Wire But Sockers Take 2021-22 Major Arena Soccer League Title
- Florida's Chad Vandegriffe Named Major Arena Soccer League Defender of Year
- Tropics Need Two Wins for One Goal, a Major Arena Soccer League Championship
- Reget Scores Twice But It's Not Enough as San Diego Rallies for 6-3 Game One Finals Triumph
- Florida Tropics Championship Series Games Will be Broadcast Live on SiriusXM