Toyota Field to Host Major League Rugby Match on Saturday, March 30th
For the first time ever, San Antonio's Toyota Field will host a Major League Rugby match between two major league teams, Austin Elite Rugby and Rugby United New York. The match is considered to be a "Game of the Week" by leading sportscasters and the 80 minutes of action begins at 1pm.
"We are looking forward to playing this big match in a city that loves sports," says Mike Ablett, Chief Marketing Officer Director of Marketing for Austin Elite Rugby. "Rugby is one of the fastest growing sports in the country and we hope to expand our fan base to South Texas."
Organizers hope to generate increased interest in the match by honoring all active-duty military, police and firefighters with a 10% discount off game tickets.
This is Austin Elite Rugby's second season in the MLR and it's Rugby United's first season in the league. The March 30th game marks the first time the two teams will face-off. Tickets can be purchased at the Ticketmaster website, here.
Austin Elite Rugby has contracted 30 players this year who represent more than a dozen countries from across the globe such as South Africa, Australia, Argentina, France, Ireland, Uruguay, Chile, and others.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Rugby message board...
Major League Rugby Stories from March 6, 2019
- Toyota Field to Host Major League Rugby Match on Saturday, March 30th - Austin Elite Rugby
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Elite Rugby Stories
- Take the Shuttle to San Antonio
- Toyota Field to Host Major League Rugby Match on Saturday, March 30th
- San Diego Legion Over Austin Elite Rugby
- USA vs Brazil Match Relocated to Austin for 2019 Americas Rugby Championship
- Eden Park Becomes Official Formalwear Partner to Austin Elite Rugby