Titans Take 2-1 Series Lead
MIDDLETOWN, N.J. - The Johnstown Tomahawks dropped a 3-2 contest to the New Jersey Titans to trail 2-1 in the East Division Final.
1st Period Recap
Johnstown dictated the pace of play during the first period with solid scoring chances on Brandon Perrone.
However, both teams skated to a scoreless first period.
Shots on Goal After the First Period: Johnstown (8) | New Jersey (13)
2nd Period Recap
The Tomahawks again generated scoring chances on Perrone, but the goalie held the fort.
Eventually, the Titans broke through Carter McPhail when Spencer Stanley finished off a pass from Michael Outzen for a 1-0 lead.
Gavin Gulash put the Titans in the lead 2-0 just one minute later.
Shots on Goal After the Second Period: Johnstown (19) | New Jersey (24)
3rd Period Recap:
Johnstown cut the New Jersey lead to 2-1 53 seconds in to the third period when Oliver Benwell chipped in a shorthanded goal.
The Tomahawks tied the game 2-2 after Chad Merrell deflected a Carter Dwyer shot past Perrone.
However, New Jersey regained the lead 3-2 with a goal from Shane Haviland.
Final Shots on Goal: Johnstown (30) | New Jersey (27)
The East Division Final continues on Saturday, May 4 at Middletown Ice World
The 2019 Playoffs is presented by Allied Milk Producers.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from May 3, 2019
- Titans Take 2-1 Series Lead - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Ryan Keane Commits to UCONN - Jamestown Rebels
- Black Bears Tender Forward Logan Kittleson and Defenseman Anthony Mollica - Maryland Black Bears
- Air Force Head Coach Frank Serratore to Speak at Dinner of Champions - NAHL
- NAHL Central Division Finals Games 3 & 4 this Weekend - Aberdeen Wings
- Home Finale - Minot Minotauros
- Bugs Shutout Bulls to Force Game 5 - Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.