T2 to Play Host to FC St. Pauli of Germany's 2. Bundesliga at Providence Park May 22
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers today announced that T2 will play host to 2. Bundesliga club FC St. Pauli in an international exhibition on Tuesday, May 22, at Providence Park at 7:30 p.m. (Pacific). FC St. Pauli will visit the Rose City as part of its postseason tour of the United States.
In partnership with the 107 Independent Supporters Trust (107ist), a portion of the proceeds from the match will benefit IRCO. Founded in 1976, IRCO has over 40 years of history and experience working with Portland's refugee and immigrant communities. For more information on IRCO, click here.
Tickets for the friendly against FC St. Pauli, starting at $10, will go on sale to the public on Thursday, April 5, at 10 a.m. (Pacific). T2 season ticket holders and Timbers and Portland Thorns FC VIPs will have access to an exclusive presale on Wednesday, April 4. Details will be emailed at a later date. Fans can purchase tickets online by visiting www.timbers.com/tickets or by phone at (888) 736-6849. Group tickets are available for the match by calling (503) 553-5555.
Over a century old, FC St. Pauli was formed in 1910 and has competed in the 2. Bundesliga the past seven seasons. Based in Hamburg, Germany, FC St. Pauli plays its home matches at Millerntor-Stadion, which has a capacity of 29,546 seats.
St. Pauli is currently 10th in the 2. Bundesliga table with a 9-9-7 record. The 2. Bundesliga side features a host of players with national team experience, including Norwegian international Mats Muller Dæhli, Japanese international Ryo Miyaichi, Greek international Dimitris Diamantakos and Moroccan international Aziz Bouhaddouz. Midfielders Christopher Buchtmann and Waldemar Sobota are tied for the team lead with four goals. The club has nine league matches remaining this season and will play host to Eintracht Braunschweig on Saturday.
In partnership with Match IQ, FC St. Pauli visits Portland during a two-stop postseason tour across the United States, which will begin in Detroit when the club faces Detroit City FC on May 19, before traveling to the Rose City to play T2 on May 22. In its last international friendly, T2 defeated English Premier League club Newcastle United 4-3 at Providence Park on July 21, 2015.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from March 7, 2018
- Preseason: Week 5 Preview - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Rangers Sign Missouri Native Justin Bilyeu - Swope Park Rangers
- T2 to Play Host to FC St. Pauli of Germany's 2. Bundesliga at Providence Park May 22 - Portland Timbers 2
- Riverhounds SC Inks Hugh Roberts and Todd Pratzner - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Columbus Crew Goalkeeper Ben Lundgaard Joins Indy Eleven on Loan for the 2018 Season - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers 2 Stories
- T2 Fall to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC at Merlo Field Sunday Afternoon
- T2 Fall 2-1 to OKC Energy FC at Providence Park Wednesday Night
- T2 Defeat Rio Grande Valley FC 1-0 on the Road Saturday Night
- Timbers Sign T2 Players to Short-Term Agreements Ahead O F Wednesday's Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Match
- T2 Fall 2-1 on the Road to San Antonio FC Saturday Night