Sundogs Sweep the Cutthroats, 6-4
Prescott Valley, AZ - The Arizona Sundogs swept the Denver Cutthroats in their 3-game home series at Tim's Toyota Center Saturday night.
The Denver Cutthroats came out tonight looking for a win but were unable to put anything together. Kyle Schussler scored the only goal in the 1st period giving the Sundogs the lead, which would prove to hold throughout the game. Derek LeBlanc and Kyle Chipchura were credited with the assists. Emotions ran high throughout the series and tonight it came to a head. Both teams came out swinging tonight with each team collecting eight minutes each for roughing at the end of the first period.
Arizona picked up two more goals in the second with Mickael Bedard and Kyle Chipchura both collecting goals. This was Chipchura's first goal of the season and 13th point overall. Denver's Gabe Gauthier slipped their first goal of the night past Arizona's Adam Russo putting them on the board.
Denver quickly opened the scoring in the 3rd period just two minutes in when A.J. Gale scored a goal. Kyle Quincey and Jean-Philipp Chabot each also registered goals closing the deficit by two points. LeBlanc, Chipchura and Ryd all recorded a goal each in the third leading the Sundogs to a 6-4 win over Denver.
Neither team was able to successfully convert on the power play tonight. Arizona was 0-for-5 on the powerplay and Denver was 0-for-3 on the powerplay. Denver outshot the Sundogs tonight 45-38 with Arizona's Adam Russo making 34 saves. Arizona now goes on the road for a four game stretch visiting Denver, Rapid City and Wichita before returning home for a three game home stand over Thanksgiving week against Allen Texas.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2012
- Thunder Offense Strikes Down Brahmas for 6-2 Victory - Wichita Thunder
- Gordon's Game-Winner Lifts Oilers Past Mavs - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Outlast Mavericks, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks' Defenseman Blake Forsyth Activated, Miller to Injured Reserve - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Sweep the Cutthroats, 6-4 - Arizona Sundogs
- Rush Bounce Back, Topple Thunder 4-0; Boron Earns First Shutout Of - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.