Sue Bird to Miss Remainder of 2019 WNBA Season
PHOENIX - The Seattle Storm today announced that point guard Sue Bird will miss the remainder of the 2019 WNBA regular season and playoffs. The 11-time WNBA All-Star has not appeared in a game since undergoing successful arthroscopic surgery on her left knee on May 30. The procedure was performed by Dr. Michael Joyce at the St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Hartford, Connecticut.
"While it has been difficult not to be on the court with my teammates, I am very proud of what they have accomplished this season," said Bird. "I look forward to suiting up for the Storm in 2020."
Bird will continue to complete her rehabilitation in Seattle and will retain an active role in the Storm's locker room.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 3, 2019
- Career Night For Johannes, Liberty Fall To Mystics, 93-77 - New York Liberty
- Mystics Sign Hawkins to Contract Extension - Washington Mystics
- Sue Bird to Miss Remainder of 2019 WNBA Season - Seattle Storm
- Aces Continue Playoff Seeding Push, Thursday, in Atlanta - Las Vegas Aces
- Griner Named Western Conference Player of the Week - Phoenix Mercury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Storm Stories
- A Season to Remember: Recapping the Seattle Storm's 2020 Championship Run
- Seattle Storm Partners with Nike to Help Grow Sport for Girls in the Greater Puget Sound Region
- Seattle Storm to Celebrate 2020 WNBA Championship with Virtual Event
- Storm Takes Home Fourth Championship, Beat Aces in Game 3, 92-59
- Storm Swarms Mercury, 83-60