Strykers Defeat Marshals In 10 Innings
Last night, the Woodlands Strykers defeated the Texas Marshals in extra innings by a final score of 5-4.
Jordan Garcia earned the loss, pitching 1-2/3 innings in relief. He gave up two hits, two walks and the final run in the tenth inning. Justin Yost earned the victory for the Strykers, pitching five innings in relief. He gave up four hits and one run (unearned) while striking out five.
Cord Perea led the offense for the Marshals. He went 3-for-4 with a run scored and two RBI. Zak Trevino had three hits for the Strykers and Bryan Deaver had a double, driving in two runs.
The Marshals are off tonight (Monday) and Tuesday; and they return home to play the final home games of the season this Wednesday night August 5. It will be a doubleheader against the Victoria Generals at Graham Field in Plano. Both games are scheduled for seven innings, and the first pitch will be at 5:05 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from August 5, 2015
- Bombers Sweep Cane Cutters to Reach 40 Wins - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Bombers Take Game 2 - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Jacks Explode in the Fourth to Beat Strykers 10-7 - East Texas PumpJacks
- Strykers Defeat Marshals In 10 Innings - Texas Marshals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.