Storm Adds Rookie Receiver
TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Storm has acquired wide receiver Johnny Thomas, announced Storm vice president of football operations Jeff Gooch.
"Johnny is a young receiver that has upside," said Gooch. "We believe if given the opportunity, he has the potential to be a quality receiver in the Arena Football League. The team looks forward to seeing him compete in training camp."
Thomas (6-foot-4, 190 lbs., Texas College) enters his rookie season in the Arena Football League with the Tampa Bay Storm. The New Orleans native began his collegiate career at Southwest Mississippi Community College before transferring to Texas College. The All-Central States Football League selection played three seasons (2010-2012) with the Steer hauling in 57 passes for 924 yards and six touchdowns. He also compiled five kick returns for a total of 56 yards.
Thomas has experience in various indoor football leagues.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from October 20, 2014
- New Director of Football Operations Joins Thunder - Portland Thunder
- Storm Adds Rookie Receiver - Tampa Bay Storm
- Purnsley, Harrell Join 2015 Thunder - Portland Thunder
- Philadelphia Soul to Hold Open Tryouts in Dallas - Philadelphia Soul
- Shock Prepare for 10th Electrifying Season in 2015 - Spokane Shock
- Over 125 Attend Successful Soul Tryout - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Storm Stories
- Tampa Bay Storm to Suspend Operations, Effective Immediately
- 2018 TAMPA BAY Storm Cheerleader PREP CLASS
- ALBANY AFL NAMES LES MOSS AS ASSISTANT HEAD COACH
- ALBANY AFL ANNOUNCES OPEN HOUSE EVENT AT TIMES UNION CENTER
- AFL Albany AFL Names Chris Thompson Director of Football