Stockton Kings Set to Tip-Off Second Season in Stockton on Friday
Stockton, Calif. - On Friday, November 8, the Stockton Kings - the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings - will tip-off their second season at Stockton Arena as they host the Santa Cruz Warriors, the NBA G League affiliate of the Golden State Warriors. Opening Night will feature the first in-game debut of 209 Hype, the team's gender-inclusive hip-hop dance group. Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the first 2,500 fans will receive a "Stock Up" Stockton Kings T-shirt.
The Stockton Kings will also introduce the "Thrive Zone" presented by Kaiser Permanente, which will provide family-friendly fun to fans. The "Thrive Zone" will be located on the main concourse at the top of Section 120 and feature seven interactive, oversized games for fans to enjoy promoting healthy behaviors while inspiring movement and play.
"We are excited to tip-off the second season of NBA G League action in Stockton," said Stockton Kings Vice President of Business Operations, Dustin Toms. "Last season, the fans and city of Stockton welcomed us with open arms, and we look forward to giving back to this community and bringing only the best in family-friendly fun."
Earlier this week, the Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente announced a multi-year partnership, launched "Thrive Week" and activated two of Kaiser Permanente's community pillars - Housing and Homelessness and Public Safety-as part of the festivities. On Tuesday, members from the two organizations spent the morning volunteering at Gospel Center Rescue Mission in Stockton, cleaning the basement and chapel walls, and preparing lunch for those at the shelter. On Wednesday, the Stockton Kings hosted youth from Lord's Gym City Center and Peaceful Warriors Movement to play basketball games against officers from the Stockton Police Department.
Tickets starting at less than $20 are still available for Opening Night at StocktonKings.com/Tickets or by visiting Stockton Arena Box Office.
For more information on the Stockton Kings, visit StocktonKings.com or follow us on Twitter and Instagram @StocktonKings and "like" the Stockton Kings on Facebook at Facebook.com/KingsStockton.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 7, 2019
- Austin Spurs Finalize Opening Night Roster - Austin Spurs
- Red Claws Announce Opening Night Roster - Maine Red Claws
- Herd Announces 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Stockton Kings Set to Tip-Off Second Season in Stockton on Friday - Stockton Kings
- Charlotte Hornets Recall Jalen McDaniels from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Agua Caliente Clippers Finalize Opening Night Roster - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Skyforce Announces 2019-20 Opening Day Roster - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Charge Set Opening Night Roster - Canton Charge
- College Park Skyhawks Waive Cameron Lard - College Park Skyhawks
- NAZ Suns Set 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Northern Arizona Suns
- Drive Set Opening Night Roster - Grand Rapids Drive
- Blue Fan Guide - Oklahoma City Blue
- Gateway Center Arena @College Park Unveils Walt Bellamy Way - College Park Skyhawks
- Hornets Recall Cody & Caleb Martin from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Windy City Bulls Announce 2019-20 Opening Night Roster for Team's Fourth Season - Windy City Bulls
- Delaware Blue Coats Finalize 2019-20 Opening Night Roster - Delaware Blue Coats
- Vipers Finalize Roster - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Erie BayHawks Announce Opening Night Roster - Erie BayHawks
- Erie BayHawks Announce Coaching Staff Update - Erie BayHawks
- Legends Announce Opening Night Roster - Texas Legends
- Hornets Assign Cody & Caleb Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings to Host and Participate in Holiday Efforts to Benefit Local Students and Families
- Stockton Kings Reflect on Successes of 2019-20 Season Following NBA G League Canceling Remainder of Games Due to COVID-19
- In this Together: 209 Strong
- Sacramento Kings Issue Statement on NBA Suspending Season
- Stockton Kings Defeat South Bay Lakers, 126-118