Stewart Receives Second Consecutive Player of the Week Honor
SEATTLEÂ - Seattle Storm forwardÂ Breanna StewartÂ has been named WNBA Western Conference Player of the Week for the second consecutive week, the league announced Monday. It is Stewart's third Player of the Week honor this season, and the ninth of her career.
In two games against the Indiana Fever, Stewart averaged 20.5 points, 13.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game. She shot 52.9% from the field in the first matchup against the Fever for a team-leading 20 points, also adding 12 rebounds and five assists to her total.
Stewart recorded a season-high 15 rebounds in Seattle's second matchup versus Indiana, leading all scorers with 21 points. The two double-doubles she logged against the Fever brought her up to seven this season.
Stewart ranks third in the WNBA in scoring (21.1), first in defensive rebounds (9.1), and second in total rebounds (10.1).
This is Stewart's second consecutive Player of the Week honor, after winning last week for a 18.3 point, 10.3 rebound, 4.3 assist performance across three road games. She was also named Player of the Week following the WNBA's opening weekend after finishing the 2020 WNBA season with the honor.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 21, 2021
- Stewart Receives Second Consecutive Player of the Week Honor - Seattle Storm
- Lynx Re-Sign Layshia Clarendon - Minnesota Lynx
- Two Lynx Players Make 2020 U.S. Olympic Roster - Minnesota Lynx
- Mercury Moves July 2 Home Game to July 3 - Phoenix Mercury
- Courtney Vandersloot Wins WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week - Chicago Sky
- Mystics Sign Megan Gustafson - Washington Mystics
- Hayes Out with MCL Tear - Atlanta Dream
- 2020 U.S. Olympic Women's Basketball Team Unveiled - Minnesota Lynx
- Tina Charles & Ariel Atkins Named to National Team - Washington Mystics
- 2020 U.S. Olympic Women's Basketball Team Unveiled - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.