Steel Dominate the Ice Dogs
A 4-1 win goes on the record for the Steel. The Steel defeated the Fairbanks Ice Dogs to wrap up the weekend series.
The Steel took the early lead, Jacob Dirks finds the back of the net in the first 5 minutes of the 1st period. Dirks' goal was assisted by Grant Reichenbacher and Hunter Weiss.
The Steel increased their lead in the 2nd period. Connor Szmul got one on the board with assists from Dirks and Dylan Moulton. The Ice Dogs countered with a goal from Parker Brown, assisted by Jax Murray. The Steel's Grisha Gotovets fought back with a goal assisted by Isaac Moberg.
The 3rd period was filled with fights and a few penalties. The Ice Dogs pulled their goalie late in the 3rd period and Austin Mikesch snuck in an empty net unassisted goal to end the game with a 4-1 win
In goal for the Ice Dogs was Nate Reid with 16 out of 19 saves. Making his Steel debut was Igor Samokhvalov with 31 saves and a win.
The Steel are back at home Saturday, January 26th to take on the Minnesota Magicians. Fans can get tickets at the door or online at chippewasteelhockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 29, 2018
- IceRays Win Streak Ended with 1-0 Loss at Shreveport - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Steel Dominate the Ice Dogs - Chippewa Steel
- Amarillo Bulls Weekend Preview: Hosting Topeka Tomorrow and Monday - Amarillo Bulls
- Wings Win 8th Straight, Increase Lead in Central Division - Aberdeen Wings
- IceRays Beat 'Bugs 5-2 to Extend Win Streak to Nine - Corpus Christi IceRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.