Stealth hit the road for final time
Laredo, Tex. - The Wichita Stealth hit the road this weekend for the final time in the 2004 regular season seeking a much-needed victory over the Laredo Law. The Stealth and Law will kick-off tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m. at the Laredo Entertainment Center. The Stealth have dropped four straight games are looking to get back on the winning track.
The Stealth will be starting a new quarterback this week in Eastern New Mexico product, Heath Ridenour. Ridenour came into last weekend's loss during the fourth quarter versus the Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz and led the Stealth to three scoring drives. Ridenour finished the game 9-of-10 for 114 yards, one passing touchdown and two rushing touchdowns in the 62-42 loss.
The Law will be starting a new face at the quarterback spot as well. Last weekend versus the Florida Firecats both Laredo quarterbacks suffered injuries that forced them to be placed on the injured reserve list. The Law have been assigned two new quarterbacks, Julius Brown (6-0, 210, Grambling State) and Marc Saldana (6-0, 205, Texas Tech). Laredo head coach Scot Maynard is unsure who will start, but says both should see some action.
The Stealth are looking for their first win since June 12th when they defeated the Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz by a score of 70-35. The Law are coming off of a 67-17 defeat at the hands of the Florida Firecats last weekend.
The Stealth are also looking to complete the series sweep of the Law for the 2004 season. The Stealth have defeated the Law 44-22 on April 10th and defeated them 64-34 on May 29th both at the Kansas Coliseum.
STEALTH NOTES: Stealth fans can catch all the action on 107.3 FM "The Road". Jay Sanderson will be bringing you all the live hard-hitting action beginning at 7:15 p.m. with the Stealth Pre-Game show.The Stealth will return for their final home game of the 2004 season on July 31st versus the Rio Grande Valley Dorados.Tickets are available by calling the Stealth office at 316.755.3007.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 23, 2004
- Conquest win at 2004 home finale - Albany Firebirds
- Coyotes take interim tag off of Biletnikoff Jr. - Central Valley Coyotes
- Martinez becomes youngest General Manager in professional sports history - Central Valley Coyotes
- Law Versus Stealth, Music & Fireworks After Saturdays Game - Laredo Law
- Stealth hit the road for final time - Wichita Stealth
- Columbus Wardogs game notes - Columbus Wardogs
- Week 17 Saturday/Monday night matchups - af2
- From Valley Ranch to the Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.