State Of The Marshals
The Marshals who play their home games at Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio have joined with nine other teams (Fayetteville, Greensboro, Atlanta, Columbia, Wyoming, San Diego, Beaumont, San Bernadino and Tri Valley) and cut their association with the National Indoor Football League. These ten teams will play against each other as independents this year and look into other leagues and possibilities for the 2008 season.
The move to leave the NIFL is the result of many issues which culminated when the league did not send a team to play against the Marshals at home on April 21, 2007, forcing the Marshals to postpone the game at the last minute.
The Marshals' goal is to stay in Dayton. However, they need more support from the city - its sports fans and businesses. Despite the Marshals' marketing, attendance has been on the decline for each of its three home games at Hara Arena. So this release goes out to Dayton, if you want an indoor football team in Dayton come out and support the Marshals.
The Marshals have also had some difficulty because some businesses have stated their desire to assist the Marshals in marketing and sponsors and even potentially join the ownership group, only to not completely follow through on what they originally promised and leaving the Marshals to search for other alternatives. This has caused some difficulties for the Marshals but we are still competing and plan to be here in 2008.
The Marshals return home on May 26, 2007 for a game against Columbia. The game begins at 7pm and Tickets are still available.
The Marshals are giving special recognition to the present and future of Ohio and the Nation by offering ticket discounts for the rest of the season to military employees, public safety personnel and children:
* Every child under eighteen years of age who comes to the game will receive a free ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket of equal or greater value.
* Also any law enforcement or, fire official will receive a free ticket with the purchase of a ticket of equal or greater value upon presentation of proof of such employment.
* Further any military employee will receive a free ticket with the purchase of a ticket of equal or greater value upon presentation of a valid military ID.
These offers are available at the Hara Arena Box Office (937) 278-4776 only. Regular tickets are also available through ticketmaster at (937) 228-2323 or online at ticketmaster.com. Tickets can be purchased in advance or on the day of the game.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from May 11, 2007
- Cleveland Gary updates status of NIFL - OSC Original by Paul Reeths
- State Of The Marshals - The Marshals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.