Soul Welcome Back WR Larry Brackins
PHILADELPHIA (September 29, 2011) - The Philadelphia Soul announce the re-signing of ArenaBowl XXII Champion wide receiver Larry Brackins (6-4, 221, Pearl River C.C.) for the 2012 season. Brackins was a member of the Soul for three seasons (2007-08, 2011), and joins the list of returning Soul players to re-sign in Philadelphia.
"We continue to put pieces in place for a championship run," said Soul general manager Tom Goodhines. "He brings championship experience and adding him with (Dan) Raudabaugh and (Donovan) Morgan makes for a potent combination on offense. This is only the beginning of the great talent that will be coming to Philadelphia for 2012."
"It will be great to see Larry in a Soul uniform again," said Soul head coach Doug Plank. "He is a dominant presence in the red zone and proved that he is a talented athlete with his performance on special teams last year. Anytime you can add a proven winner, you've upgraded your roster immediately."
Last season, Brackins displayed his athletic ability by hauling in 41 receptions for 492 yards, including 13 receiving touchdowns ranking No. 3 on the team. His standout performance came in Week 18 against the Cleveland Gladiators, snatching nine receptions for 133 yards and 3 touchdowns. Over his AFL career, he has recorded 265 receptions for 3,424 yards and 83 touchdowns in 53 total games.
During the Soul's 2008 championship run, Brackins recorded 107 receptions for 1,412 yards and 29 touchdowns in 15 regular season games, and 20 receptions for 249 yards and five touchdowns in three playoff games. He amassed 190 receptions for 2,522 yards and 57 touchdowns in 29 total games as a member of the Soul.
During his collegiate career, the former Wildcat caught 101 receptions for a total of 1,834 yards and 19 touchdowns while starting 23 games (2003-04). He was awarded as an All-MACJC and All-Region 23 both years, and was named a First-Team NJCAA All-American his final season. He will be joining another Pearl River C.C. alum in Philadelphia, wide receiver Donovan Morgan, who played for the Wildcats in 2002.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from September 29, 2011
- VooDoo Assign Former Player DB Jerron Wishom - New Orleans VooDoo
- Soul Welcome Back WR Larry Brackins - Philadelphia Soul
- Rattlers Sign Three Wide Receivers - Arizona Rattlers
- Storm Add Bongarra and Fagg to Roster - Tampa Bay Storm
- New Orleans to Host Arenabowl XXV on August 10, 2012 - New Orleans VooDoo
- New Orleans to Host Arenabowl XXV on August 10, 2012 - AFL
- Sharks Add Two Rookies To Roster - Jacksonville Sharks
- Barksdale Returns to Command, Mizzou's Chavis Added - Kansas City Command
- Power Re-Sign AFL Ironman Nominee Lonnell Dewalt - Pittsburgh Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.