FIRE FALLS IN OT: The Fire dropped their second straight game this weekend to Quad City on Saturday 68-62 in overtime. The Fire offense was led by receiver Dennis Fryzel's 11 catches, 129 yards and two touchdowns. Wide receiver/defensive back Lance Taylor turned another solid all-around performance. Taylor caught eight passes for 118 yards and three touchdowns, including an overtime touchdown to tie the game. Taylor also returned three kickoffs for 88 yards, one going 57 yards for a touchdown. Defensively Taylor tallied four solo tackles.
RETURN TO THE HALL: The Fire will return home for their only May home game on Saturday against the Albany Conquest (4-2). The Fire defeated the Conquest twice last season, and holds a 3-1 record against the Conquest. Albany is coming off of a 63-61 victory over Manchester and has won two straight games. The game will kick-off at 7:00 P.M.
FAITH NIGHT COMES TO LOUISVILLE: The Fire and Third Coast Sports will host the first of three Faith Nights this weekend. Pre-game festivities will start at 5:00 P.M. in parking lot J at the KFEC with a pre-game concert by Warren Barfield. For further information on Faith Night contact Vanessa Sadler (email@example.com or 888-456-0451).
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 15, 2006
- Youngstown, Ohio, awarded expansion team for 2007 - af2
- Blitz Weekly Q&A Session Will Feature Daniel Kegler and Jerry Turner - Bakersfield Blitz
- Lightning Fail To Strike, As the Coyotes Howl - Central Valley Coyotes
- Green Bay Blizzard game notes - Green Bay Blizzard
- Quad City Steamwheelers Weekly Huddle - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Smoke Signals - Louisville Fire
- Yard Dawgz attempt to break league attendance record - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.