FIRE FALLS IN BIRMINGHAM: After building a 14-0 lead in the first quarter the Fire was unable to overcome a Birmingham rally to start the second half last Saturday before falling 63-60. Fire wide receiver/defensive back Lance Taylor found the end zone seven times, which ties a Fire record for touchdowns in a game, on Saturday in a variety of ways. Taylor caught five passes for 74 yards and three touchdowns, scored two rushing touchdowns and returned six kicks for 178 yards and two touchdowns.
STILL TRAVELING: The Fire will stay on the road this weekend traveling to Quad City on Saturday. The Fire and the Steamwheelers split a home and home series last season with each team winning at home. The Fire lost at Quad City on June 4, 2001 47-41 and defeated the Steamwheelers on July 30, 2005 70-56. All-time the Fire is just 3-6 against the Steamwheelers, but has won three of the last five.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 8, 2006
- Blitz Weekly Q&A Session Will Feature Wallace, Robinson, Crowder and Turner - Bakersfield Blitz
- Shock acquire QB Kyle Rowley from Bossier-Shreveport - Spokane Shock
- Quad City Steamwheeler Weekly Huddle - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Joe Yukica Football Foundation To Present Schubert With Distinguished American Award - Manchester Wolves
- Smoke Signals - Louisville Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.