Six Run 4th Inning Powers Pump Jacks To 10-3 Victory
Tonight from Irwin Field in Tyler, the East Texas Pump Jacks defeated the Texas Marshals by a score of 10-3. A six-run fourth inning broke a 2-2 tie, giving the Pump Jacks an 8-2 lead. The Pump Jacks then scored two more runs in the bottom of the fifth inning before the Marshals scored a run in the seventh inning.
Joe Bernhard earned the victory tonight for the Pump Jacks. He went eight innings giving three runs (two earned) and striking out two. Ryan Hill earned the loss for the Marshals. He went 3-2/3 innings, giving up five runs (four earned) and striking out two.
For the Pump Jacks' offense, both Dylan Mecham and Tristan Clarke had two RBI. Tyler Moore also contributed going 3-for-4 with a walk and three runs scored.
For the Marshals, Tyler Bates went 3-for-5 with a double. Parker Jones had the lone RBI for the Marshals.
Tomorrow night the same two teams meet at the same time/location for game two of the two-game series.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 25, 2015
- Cane Cutters Stay Hot - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Six Run 4th Inning Powers Pump Jacks To 10-3 Victory - Texas Marshals
- Bombers Jackson's Home Run Powers Bombers to Victory on Agriculture Night - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Jacks Sweep Strykers with 6-1 Win - East Texas PumpJacks
- Marshals Fall Behind Early, Lose To Generals 4-1 - Texas Marshals