Six-Point Night from Guilherme Lifts Tropics over Rochester, 10-7
LAKELAND, Fla. - Guilherme tied a team record with six points, and the Florida Tropics broke a 7-7 second half tie with the last three goals of the game to escape with a 10-7 win against the Rochester Lancers in Rochester Friday night.
The Tropics improved to 17-3, two games ahead of second place Utica, who is 14-4. Rochester is winless now in 21 Major Arena Soccer League starts this season. Florida has four regular season games remaining, and has already clinched a playoff spot for the first-time in team history.
Guilherme scored four goals and two assists. Lucas Montelares got the game winning goal at 14:51 of the third quarter, and also added three assists. Ricardo Carvalho had two goals and the Tropics got single goals from Drew Ruggles, Stephen DeRoux and Lucas Teixeira, who scored just 14 seconds into the first quarter.
Florida will be at home for the first of three-straight Sunday matinees when the St. Louis Ambush come to the RP Funding Center for a 3:05 p.m. Kickoff. The game will be broadcast live on WTTA-TV, Great 38 in Tampa, and online at masl.tv. For more information, including ticket information, visit fltropics.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 6, 2020
- Godoi Scores Season-High 4 Times, Miller a Milestone Goal in Lancers' Defeat - Rochester Lancers
- Six-Point Night from Guilherme Lifts Tropics over Rochester, 10-7 - Florida Tropics SC
- Double Header in Texas for the Cal Express - Turlock Cal Express
- Road Trip to Rochester Friday, Home Sunday vs. St. Louis as Tropics Look to Protect Conference Lead - Florida Tropics SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Tropics Get Back on Track in Nipping Ontario Fury, 8-7, to Close Home Portion of 2021 Schedule
- Tropics Drop Second Straight Overtime Game, this Time 4-3 to San Diego Sockers
- Tropics Give up Game Winner 10 Seconds into OT as Tacoma Scores 7-6 Comeback Win
- MASL's 'Sunshine Series' Will Come to Lakeland with Six Games in Four Days this Weekend
- Florida Adds UCFC Midfielder Nate Bourdeau for Remainder of 2021 MASL Season