Silverbacks Launch Logo Design Contest
Atlanta, Ga. (November 19, 2012) - Atlanta Silverbacks fans are having quite the 2012 offseason. The team's name for the future was left up to them with the club's recent "Decision 2012" campaign, and after announcing that the Silverbacks name emerged as the winner of that campaign last night, the club charged its fans with another task: help design the new team logo.
In front of a full house at Hard Rock Café last night, Silverbacks Chairman Boris Jerkunica wasn't just revealing the fan's choice for the team's name. He was also providing fans with their next opportunity to get involved in the team's evolving brand.
The Silverbacks will run a logo design contest that will launch today on the team's Facebook page (facebook.com/atlantasilverbacks). The club will accept logo design entries from fans over the course of the next 18 days. Anyone can participate, as long as they follow the official contest rules, which are available here.
Each entry should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the club will post each design on the Facebook page upon receipt. Fans will have until December 3 to submit and vote on logos, and at the end of the two-week period, the logo with the most "likes" will move on to a final round.
The fan who designs the logo that advances to the final round will receive two (2) season tickets in the section of their choice, a team-signed jersey, and dinner out with Silverbacks Head Coach Brian Haynes, General Manager Andy Smith, and a player of their choice.
"I'm excited to see what the fans come up with," said Silverbacks Chairman Boris Jerkunica. "I think we have some really creative people in our community, so I'd encourage all of them to participate."
In the final round, the most popular fan logo will be pitted against the team's current logo and a logo that the club will have designed in the coming weeks. Fans will be able to visit atlantasilverbacks.com and vote on their favorite of the three final logos until January 2. The Silverbacks will then reveal the winning logo at a party they will host the following week at a location that is still to be determined.
Should the winning logo ultimately come from a fan, the designer will be recognized at halftime of the 2013 season opener.
The contest's official rules are posted on the website here. The Silverbacks are also currently selling 2013 season tickets, and those can be purchased through the box office at 404-969-4900 or email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from November 19, 2012
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- One Month Left to Submit Names in NASL Virginia Name the Team Contest - Virginia Cavalry
- Strikers Excercise 2013 Options on Four Players - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Silverbacks Launch Logo Design Contest - Atlanta Silverbacks
- Gio Savarese Named New York Cosmos Head Coach - New York Cosmos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Silverbacks Stories
- Goal of the Year: Burgos Buries 2015 Honor
- Junior Delivers Team of the Week Performance in Finale
- Silverbacks Stall Fall Season Champions to Split Points
- Preview: Silverbacks to Close Regular Season vs. Ottawa
- Silverbacks Surge into Minnesota #MNUvATLÃ¢=9A=BD