Sharks release new logo
In continuing preparations for their inaugural arenafootball2 season in the Coastal Bend, the Corpus Christi Sharks Arena Football Team unveiled a revised team logo, wordmark and helmet decals today.
The new look logo features a surging shark above the team wordmark enclosed by crescent shaped "Corpus Christi". According to Sharks executive Larry Linde, the new logo will lead to increased awareness and marketability for the franchise. "We've really hit a home run with this design. It's fresh, it's original and it will appeal to a much larger segment of our community." He added, "It's very user friendly and will serve as an easily recognizable mark as we continue to create our identity in the Coastal Bend."
The Sharks also announced that they have settled on the prestigious Bay Building located at 101 N. Shoreline Boulevard as their new corporate headquarters. Home to some of the most prominent names in Corpus Christi, and managed by Durrill Properties, the Bay Building is ideally located on the corner of Shoreline and Coopers Alley in downtown Corpus Christi. "We're committed to operating in a manner that will make this community and its leaders proud - we are a professional football team and this reflects that", said Linde. The team had previously been based at the American Bank Center but quickly outgrew their limited space.
The Sharks, the newest member of af2, will kick-off the 2007 Arena Football season when they host the Rio Grande Valley Dorados on April, 7th at the American Bank Center Arena. Season ticket packages are on sale now with prices starting as low as $75 for the full season. For more information contact the Sharks at 361-882-9292 or visit our temporary web site at www.ccsharks.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from February 1, 2007
- Burn continue to build - Boise Burn
- Renegades to hold tryouts - Lubbock Renegades
- Copperheads Looking For Fight Song - Texas Copperheads
- Vipers "Super Tryout" set for Sunday in Von Braun Center's South Hall - Alabama Vipers
- Sharks release new logo - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Former Dallas Cowboy Quincy Carter signs with Battle Wings - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- The Fire Wire - Louisville Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi Sharks Stories
- Sharks Cease Operations
- Sharks Re-Open Ownership Search
- Sharks Still Have Hope
- Dorados pull away in second quarter in route to 78-51 win
- Wings down Corpus Christi