Shamrox Fall to Titans, 11-9
NEW YORK, NY - The Chicago Shamrox fell to the New York Titans 11-9 on Saturday night in front of more than 13,000 people in the first indoor lacrosse game ever held at Madison Square Garden. The Titans got two goals each from Pat Maddalena, Ryan Boyle and Jarrett Park to power past the previously undefeated Shamrox.
The game started out slow as no goals were scored in the first 12:05 of the game. Maddalena finally got the scoring started as he snuck a power play goal past Shamrox goaltender Brandon Miller. New York native Chris Panos immediately answered back for the Shamrox as he tied the game 44 seconds later with a highlight reel behind-the-back goal.
The Titans reeled off six of the next eight goals to build an insurmountable lead. The Shamrox battled back, with the help of a hat trick by Jason Clark, but it wasn't enough as the Titans held off the hard-charging Shamrox, handing them their first loss in franchise history.
The Shamrox continue their season-high 4-game road trip next Friday night against the San Jose Stealth at 9:30 p.m. CST. The Shamrox return home on Sunday, February 11 to take on the Buffalo Bandits at 3:00 p.m. CST. Tickets are available by calling 877-SHAMROX or by visiting www.chicagoshamrox.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 20, 2007
- Roughnecks finally solve Mammoth mystery - Calgary Roughnecks
- Sting win third straight in Portland - Arizona Sting
- Mammoth loses first game of season - Colorado Mammoth
- Rock finish with tough loss to Knighthawks - Toronto Rock
- Shamrox Fall to Titans, 11-9 - Chicago Shamrox
- Wings Slide By Stealth, 9-8 - Philadelphia Wings
- Sting Defeat Lumberjax 11-4 - Arizona Sting
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.