Senty signs with Freedom, Cargnoni waived
BOYDS, Md. (May 19) - The Washington Freedom announced today defender Sarah Senty has signed with the club and it has waived defender/midfielder Jayme Leigh Cargnoni.
The team's seventh round pick in the 2009 WPS Draft, Senty chose to finish up her senior year at the University of Virginia before joining the Freedom. Upon graduating, Senty came in for a week-long tryout and earned a spot with the club.
"Sarah came in for her week long tryout and showed us enough to sign her," Freedom Head Coach Jim Gabarra said. "With her technical expertise and her experience with our W-League team, we feel her experience can help us."
Senty, a native of Arlington, Va., is no stranger to the Freedom, having played with Becky Sauerbrunn and Alex Singer on the Cavaliers defensive line that led the nation in goal against average (0.40) and set a school record with 15 shutouts in 2007.
TRANSACTION: Washington Freedom - Signed D Sarah Senty. Waived D-M Jayme Leigh Cargnoni.
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from May 20, 2009
- Senty signs with Freedom, Cargnoni waived - magicJack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent magicJack Stories
- Washington Freedom Announces Sonia Bompastor's Mutual Contract Termination
- Jim Gabarra Resigns as Head Coach of Washington Freedom
- Washington Freedom's 2010 WPS Playoff Run Ends with Overtime Goal
- Washington Freedom Travel to Face Philadelphia Independence in First Round of Playoffs
- Washington Freedom Defeat Atlanta Beat 1-0 To Advance To WPS Playoffs