Senators Re-Sign Forward Cody Bass to a One-Year Contract
The Ottawa Senators announced today the club has re-signed forward Cody Bass to a one-year, two-way contract.
Bass, 23, spent the 2009-10 season with Ottawa's American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators. In 57 games with the B-Sens, he scored five goals, six assists and added 109 penalty minutes. Bass missed 17 games due to injury and six due to a league suspension.
Bass began the 2008-09 National Hockey League season with Ottawa and was a healthy scratch for two games before being assigned to Binghamton. In 18 games with the B-Sens that season, he scored once and added one assist, while recording 39 penalty minutes. Bass was recalled to Ottawa on three occasions, recording no points and 15 penalty minutes in 12 games before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury in a game against the Calgary Flames on Dec. 27, 2008.
The Owen Sound, Ont., native made his NHL debut with Ottawa during the 2007-08 season, recording two goals, two assists and 19 penalty minutes in 21 games. He also played in all four of Ottawa's playoff games, scoring one goal and adding six penalty minutes.
Bass was Ottawa's first fourth-round pick, 95th overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 22, 2010
- Florida Panthers Sign C Mark Cullen - Rochester Americans
- Florida Panthers Acquire C Marty Reasoner from Chicago - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Sign Adam Perry and John Mitchell - Syracuse Crunch
- "Wolf Pack Wish" Program Grants First Wishes - Connecticut Whale
- Griffins Promote Two Staffers - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Texas Stars Agree To Terms With Rookie Cody Chupp - Texas Stars
- Senators Re-Sign Forward Cody Bass to a One-Year Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Senators Sign Forward Mike Hoffman to Entry-Level Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Cool off at the Penguins New Home - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Announce Special 10-Pack Offer - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.