Seals Win Fourth Straight Game
A wild Friday night in Saskatoon, the San Diego Seals won their fourth straight game taking down the Saskatchewan Rush by a final score of 12-11. For the second straight week, the Seals started a rookie goaltender making their NLL debut.
"That was a character win through and through," said General Manager and Head Coach Patrick Merrill. "We were facing a lot of obstacles this week, but we weren't going to use that as an excuse or a crutch. Our guys showed up to play."
San Diego had three Seals make their NLL debut, goaltender Justin Geddie and defensemen Matt Boissonneault and Devyn Mayea. Geddie had 42 saves on the night and earned his first career NLL win at only 20 years old. Forwards Wesley Berg and Austin Staats notched hat tricks in the win, while the Seals defense held the Rush to only two goals in the first half.l The Seals had nine players on the COVID Protocol List entering Friday's game, including goaltenders Frank Scigliano and Chris Origlieri.
"Credit to Sask," continued Merrill. "They're a great team and they played us hard for a full 60 minutes. I'm really proud of our guys and how hard they competed and fought throughout the entire game."
The Seals have a bye week before welcoming the Calgary Roughnecks to Pechanga Arena on Saturday, January 29. San Diego will look to continue their hot streak and win their fifth straight contest. Reserve your seats today at SealsLax.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 15, 2022
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Defeats New York Riptide 13-12 in OT - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Thunderbirds Improve to 3-0, Outlasting the Rock in Overtime Slugfest - Halifax Thunderbirds
- Wings Suffer First Home Loss of the Season against Albany - Philadelphia Wings
- FireWolves Win Nailbiter in Philadelphia, 9-8 - Albany FireWolves
- What to Watch for vs. Halifax Thunderbirds - Toronto Rock
- Wings Surprise Local Youth Program with Gear Donation - Philadelphia Wings
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Post-Practice Report - January 15, 2022 - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Panther City Lacrosse Club Announces Roster Transactions - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Rock Add Latrell Harris to COVID-19 Protocol List - Toronto Rock
- Bandits Are 4-0 Thanks to Another 7-Point Performance from Byrne - Buffalo Bandits
- Seals Win Fourth Straight Game - San Diego Seals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.