SD Loyal and Driblab Sign Partnership to Incorporate Big Data into Talent Search and Performance Analysis Processes
SAN DIEGO - San Diego Loyal Soccer Club and Driblab, a consultancy specialized in soccer analytics and big data, announced today a collaboration agreement to integrate advanced statistics and data into the club's talent search and performance analysis. SD Loyal is the first team in the United Soccer League (USL) to partner with Driblab, emphasizing its commitment to growth and competition.
Through the partnership, SD Loyal management and scouting will have access to the extensive driblabPRO database, with the ability to search, measure and analyze more than 200,000 players through more than 180 competitions. SD Loyal will first utilize the data to evaluate its current roster, before putting it to use in the upcoming transfer window to make more objective decisions that minimize error and maximize potential throughout the scouting process.
"In order to be viewed as a professional club and league, we need to invest in professional tools," said Andrew Vassiliadis, SD Loyal Chairman. "Utilizing this robust database will allow us to consistently bring top talent to San Diego while setting our existing players up for success."
SD Loyal's implementation of big data will inevitably forge a path for other teams in the USL to follow in its footsteps. Once the club has demonstrated the technology's potential and efficiency during the upcoming transfer window, the league will likely incorporate such practices more commonly, catching up with sports like football and baseball that have seen significant success doing so in recent years.
"Gaining the confidence of San Diego Loyal SC is fantastic news in the progression and positioning of Driblab within the industry," said Salvador Carmona, CEO of Driblab. "The club has been in a state of constant growth since 2019 and it is an honor that they have decided to work with us."
SD Loyal continues to ramp up efforts across the board, securing a spot in the USL Championship Playoffs for the second consecutive season and is set to host a home playoff match for the first time in club history on Sunday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m. The club's final regular season home match, a sold-out Fan Appreciation Day celebration, will kick off this upcoming weekend on Sunday, Oct. 9 at 3 p.m. against New Mexico United from Torero Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 6, 2022
- VOTE NOW: Two Republic FC Players Nominated for USL Championship September Goal of the Month - Sacramento Republic FC
- Compartiendo la Cultura Con Otros: How a Spanish Tradition Brought the Indomitable Club Together - Sacramento Republic FC
- SD Loyal and Driblab Sign Partnership to Incorporate Big Data into Talent Search and Performance Analysis Processes - San Diego Loyal
- Know Your Opponent: Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Sacramento Republic FC
- New Mexico United Match Postponed Due to Inclement Weather, Field Conditions - New Mexico United
- El Paso Locomotive FC Drops Points to Number Three Seed Colorado - El Paso Locomotive FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Loyal Stories
- SD Loyal Playoff Match to Broadcast Locally on the CW San Diego
- Adrien Perez Earns Spot on USL Championship Team of the Week
- SD Loyal Finishes Regular Season with 2-0 Win at Las Vegas Lights FC
- SD Loyal Earns Point on the Road Against El Paso Locomotive FC