Scurry, Freedom Represents WPS At Clinic With First Lady
WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 5, 2010) - The First Lady, Michelle Obama, joined the U.S. Soccer Foundation, the major charitable arm of Soccer in the United States at its free youth soccer clinic in Washington, DC on Friday, March 5, 2010 to highlight the Soccer Foundation's commitment to the national fight against childhood obesity and support for the First Lady's Let's Move! campaign that emphasizes the importance of children getting 60 minutes of active play each day.
Representing WPS was Washington Freedom goalkeeper Briana Scurry, the Freedom's mascot "Glory" and Mark Washo, President & GM, Washington Freedom. As a league, WPS has pledged its commitment to the First Lady's national campaign to fight childhood obesity through physical activity and a healthy lifestyle.
For information on the First Lady's Let's Move! campaign visit: http://www.letsmove.gov/
For the full story on today's U.S. Soccer Foundation clinic and photo gallery, visit: http://www.womensprosoccer.com/news/press_releases/100304-white-house-scurry
For information on WPS's commitment to the campaign, visit http://www.womensprosoccer.com/news/press_releases/100209-white-house
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from March 5, 2010
- Scurry, Freedom Represents WPS At Clinic With First Lady - magicJack
- Independence Full Team Preseason Begins Monday, March 8 - Philadelphia Independence
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent magicJack Stories
- Washington Freedom Announces Sonia Bompastor's Mutual Contract Termination
- Jim Gabarra Resigns as Head Coach of Washington Freedom
- Washington Freedom's 2010 WPS Playoff Run Ends with Overtime Goal
- Washington Freedom Travel to Face Philadelphia Independence in First Round of Playoffs
- Washington Freedom Defeat Atlanta Beat 1-0 To Advance To WPS Playoffs