San Antonio FC Midfielder Ethan Bryant Joins K.S.V. Roeselare
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio FC midfielder Ethan Bryant has joined Belgian club K.S.V. Roeselare on a permanent deal, the club announced today. The SAFC product makes the move after originally joining the Alamo City club as an Elite Training Program player in early 2017. Per club policy, terms of the move were not disclosed.
"We want to thank Ethan for all of his efforts over the last couple of years," said SAFC Head Coach Darren Powell. "He is a wonderful character and a very good player with a bright future ahead of him. Ethan has benefitted from getting very valuable minutes with the first team, and we are extremely proud of him coming from San Antonio and through our Elite Training Program. Ethan is the first of many young players to get opportunities within the SAFC first-team, and we look forward to many more from our growing SAFC Pro Academy. We wish Ethan and his family all the best on this new adventure and we look forward to following his career."
In his time with SAFC, Bryant appeared in 16 USL Championship matches tallying 1,225 minutes while adding two goals and three assists. The San Antonio native also played in two Open Cup matches with SAFC over the course of the last two seasons. Bryant - who also played for Brandeis High School and Classics Elite locally - was originally identified by San Antonio FC after participating in the club's Elite Training Program prior to being added to the first-team roster as a USL Academy player in February of 2018. The midfielder made his debut for SAFC at age 16, which marked the youngest SAFC player to make a competitive appearance at the time.
Following the move, the San Antonio FC active roster currently stands at 23.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 26, 2019
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance vs. Phoenix Rising FC - August 27, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Phoenix Rising FC Sets out on Two-Match, One-Week Road Trip - Phoenix Rising FC
- Orange County Score Three for a Crucial Home Victory - Orange County SC
- Championship Weekend Recap - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Three Things: Rowdies 5 - 0 Memphis - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- RDA Hires Justin Evans to Coaching Staff - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Kristen Hamilton Added to U.S. WNT Roster for Matches vs. Portugal in Philadelphia and St. Paul, Minn. - North Carolina FC
- Nashville SC Shows Resilience and Determination in 2-1 Win over Charleston Battery - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Midfielder Ethan Bryant Joins K.S.V. Roeselare - San Antonio FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio FC Stories
- San Antonio FC Ends Season with 2-2 Home Draw vs. Colorado Springs
- San Antonio FC Hosts Colorado Springs with Playoff Berth on the Line
- San Antonio FC to Celebrate Final Home Match with $1 Drink Night, Postgame Fireworks Show on Saturday
- San Antonio FC Forward Ever Guzman Named USL Championship Player of the Week
- San Antonio FC Earns Three Crucial Points in Seven-Goal Thriller at Portland