RSL Foundation Joins with Levy Food Services and Utah Food Bank to Make Donation
SANDY, Utah - The RSL Foundation has joined with Rio Tinto Stadium and Levy Restaurants to make a donation to the Utah Food Bank in an effort to offer aid to those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Wednesday, March 18, at 10 am, trucks will be loaded with perishable food from Rio Tinto Stadium - food intended for Real Salt Lake matches postponed due to the pandemic - and delivered to the Utah Food Bank (150 S 900 W, South Salt Lake), arriving between 10:30 and 11 am.
In addition to the food donations, the RSL Foundation is donating $5,000 to the Utah Food Bank. For each dollar donation, matching donors allow the Utah Food Bank $7.66 in goods and services for Utahns facing hunger. So with this donation, the Utah Food Bank is able to provide $38,300 in goods and services.
"In this difficult time that everyone is facing, we wanted to take the opportunity to help those in need. In delivering food that may have gone to waste to the Utah Food Bank, the RSL Foundation aims not only to help people affected by the pandemic, but also create awareness for a giving opportunity right here in our community," RSL Foundation Executive Director Mary Van Minde said.
For more information on how to donate, visit the Utah Food Bank website.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from March 17, 2020
- Timbers, Thorns FC Announce Community Initiatives in the Wake of COVID-19 Pandemic - Portland Thorns FC
- RSL Foundation Joins with Levy Food Services and Utah Food Bank to Make Donation - Utah Royals FC
- A Message from Steve Baldwin - Washington Spirit
- Midfielder Shirley Cruz Signed for 2020 Season - OL Reign
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Royals FC Stories
- Utah Royals FC Ends Season with 2-0 Defeat to OL Reign
- Utah Royals FC Finishes 2020 NWSL Season at OL Reign
- Utah Royals FC Close Home Slate in 1-1 Draw with Portland
- Utah Royals FC Faces Portland Thorns FC in Final NWSL Match at Rio Tinto Stadium in 2020
- Utah Royals FC to Compete on Behalf of Journey of Hope as Part of Verizon Community Shield