RPI's Whitney Renn Signed by the Boston Pride
Whitney Renn's life in hockey has taken her from the Little Caesars youth program in her home state of Michigan to college hockey at RPI to a season of pro in Salzburg, Austria. Today, the 23-year-old defender-forward signed an NWHL contract to join the Boston Pride.
"I am inspired by the players of the Pride who have put a great emphasis on promoting women's hockey through their great play in the NWHL and their work with youth at skills clinics, off-ice programs and Q&A sessions," said Renn. "I want to be part of all of that, too. The NWHL and the Pride provides a platform for me to inspire a younger generation of players - something I will not take for granted. I am humbled to be signing with a team that is committed to advancing women's hockey across all levels."
Renn played 131 games at RPI over four seasons from 2014-2018. Last season with DEC Salzburg Eagles of the EWHL, she was 3-12-15 in 20 regular season and playoff games.
A native of Troy, Michigan, Renn is moving to Boston to play in the NWHL, secure a job utilizing her RPI degree in Business Management, and apply to law schools.
Regarding her goals for hockey, Renn said, "This season I will continue to work on each phase of my game, learn from my teammates, grow as a player, and get better in order to help the team however I can. I am looking forward to being surrounded by great players and a coaching staff who are backed by a league whose mission I support."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from August 16, 2019
- Slovakia National Team Star Iveta Klimasova Joins Buffalo Beauts for 2019-20 Season - Buffalo Beauts
- RPI's Whitney Renn Signed by the Boston Pride - Boston Pride
- Bulbul Kartanbay Signs with Riveters, Becomes First NWHL Player from Kazakhstan - Metropolitan Riveters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Pride Stories
- Lovisa Selander, NCAA All-Time Saves Leader, Signs with the Boston Pride
- RPI's Whitney Renn Signed by the Boston Pride
- Harvard Captain, All-Ivy League Defender Briana Mastel Signs with the Boston Pride
- Former BU Goalie Victoria Hanson Joins the Pride
- Boston Signs RPI's Marisa Raspa