Roberto Brown Suspended By Impact
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact announced Friday that forward Roberto Brown has been suspended for a period yet to be determined, following his gesture Wednesday during the match against Toronto FC, in the Nutrilite Canadian Championship.
Brown was ejected from the game at the 35th minute, after hitting Toronto FC defender Nick Garcia in the face.
Roberto is an intense athlete, an excellent person and an important player on our roster, but his gesture is unacceptable," declared Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos. "Roberto left his teammates down during the game Wednesday. We took this decision following discussions with the entire technical staff."
"From a club perspective, his gesture is not tolerated and it stands far from our sportsmanship values," declared technical director Nick De Santis. "I hope he will understand the seriousness of his behaviour because it's not the first time he acts this way."
The duration of the suspension is undetermined given that the club is waiting for the discipline report from the Canadian Soccer Association.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from April 30, 2010
- The Impact Faces The Puerto Rico Islanders Saturday At Saputo Stadium - Montreal Impact
- Miami FC-Tampa: A Rivalry Renewed - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Roberto Brown Suspended By Impact - Montreal Impact
- Miami FC And FC Tampa Bay Rowdies Rekindle 30-Year Rivalry In Costal Cup - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Whitecaps Fall to Rival Timbers 2-1 - Vancouver Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.