Evan Bush Named NASL September Player of the Month
MONTREAL - Montreal Impact goalkeeper Evan Bush was named the September Player of the Month in the North American Soccer League (NASL).
Bush registered three shutouts in the last three games of the season, maintaining a record of three wins, one loss and one tie in five games in September. He also made 19 saves during that period.
The 25 year-old goalkeeper won the 2011 NASL Golden Glove after leading the league with a 0.76 goal-against average, allowing only 14 goals in 19 games and 1,668 minutes of play. Bush ended the season with a career-best nine shutouts, including seven in his last 10 games of the season.
He was named Defensive player of the week following the 11th and 22nd week of activity.
Bush beat his teammate Ryan Pore by a single point. Votes were cast by media representatives covering NASL teams.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from October 4, 2011
- Hassoun Camara Named Impact Most Valuable Player - Montreal Impact
- FC Tampa Bay Makes Roster Moves - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Fort Lauderdale Vs. Puerto Rico - Semifinal News and Notes - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Evan Bush Named NASL September Player of the Month - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.