River Monsters defeat Cougars
CANTON - The Northern Kentucky River Monsters scored a touchdown in every aspect of the game in the 63-41 pasting of the Canton Cougars in their inaugural Ultimate Indoor Football League game Friday at the Canton Civic Center.
They recorded six passing scores, a rushing score, returned an interception and a kickoff for touchdowns.
In his return to professional football, quarterback Jared Lorenzen turned in a solid performance, throwing for six touchdowns on 24-of-38 passing and 257 yards. He also had two interceptions. Lorenzen spread the wealth equally as all three receivers recorded two touchdowns.
Willie Idlette led the receiving corps with 110 yards on eight receptions, while Ricardo Lenhart hauled down nine passes for 107 yards to go with their touchdowns. The other receiver, Harry Lewis, had seven catches for 40 yards and the aforementioned two scores.
Not to be left out of the scoring column, cornerback Kenneth Joshen took an interception back 10 yards for his touchdown and Curtis McGhee returned an attempted onside kick 10 yards for another score. Maurice Douse completed the scoring with a rushing score.
Jon D'Angelo had a solid defensive game with a team-high seven tackles and a blocked field goal.
Northern Kentucky (1-0) returns to the field Saturday, March 5 when they travel to Johnstown, PA to face the Generals.
• Discuss this story on the Ultimate Indoor Football League message board...
Ultimate Indoor Football League Stories from February 25, 2011
- River Monsters defeat Cougars - Northern Kentucky River Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northern Kentucky River Monsters Stories
- Lenhart Scores Four Touchdowns, Late Field Goal Sinks Northern Kentucky
- Northern Kentucky Torches Top-Scoring Defense, Clinches Home Field
- Eleventh Hour Musical Guest of River Monsters
- Eleventh Hour Performing at River Monsters Game
- Late touchdown sinks River Monsters, 63-58