Rhinos Sign Midfielder Tyler Rosenlund
ROCHESTER, NY - The Rochester Rhinos announced today the signing of midfielder Tyler Rosenlund pending USSF approval.
Rosenlund, 23, joins the Rhinos after splitting the 2009 season with Toronto FC (MLS) and Surrey United of the Pacific Coast Soccer League (PCSL). He played eight matches in two seasons with Toronto FC and became the first Canadian-born to score for Toronto FC at BMO Field, registering a goal against Chivas USA on September 6, 2008.
"Tyler is a technically gifted midfielder with good vision and awareness," said Rhinos head coach Bob Lilley. "He's a competitor that works hard for the team on both sides of the ball."
Rosenlund played college soccer at the University of California, Santa Barbara from 2004-2006 and won the 2006 Division I Men's College Cup over UCLA. Following the 2006 NCAA season, he went on trial in Sweden and Finland and played two matches with Ativdabergs FF prior to signing with Toronto FC.
The Vancouver, Canada native appeared in 35 matches for the Canadian National U17-23 clubs and one match for the Canadian National Team against Martinique on January 30, 2008.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from March 22, 2010
- Rhinos Sign Midfielder Tyler Rosenlund - Rochester Rhinos
- RailHawks To Host Mexican Olympic National Team - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Rhinos Stories
- Rochester Rhinos Approved for USL Division III
- US National Team Head Coach and Rochester Native, Dave Sarachan, to Visit Marina Auto Stadium Saturday, July 28
- Marina Auto Stadium to Host UPSL Northeast Conference Division Playoffs
- Marina Auto Stadium Hosts City of Rochester Camp Day
- Marina Auto Stadium Is Partnering with Lyft for the 2018 Season