RGV FC Present Donations Raised to Friends for Hope
EDINBURG, Texas - Rio Grande Valley FC presented today all donation proceeds raised from the club's FANFARE BEAR campaign to Friends for Hope which benefitted the children at the Vannie E. Cook Cancer Clinic.
"Covid-19 has given every business, every person, every family such a challenge this year," RGV FC President Ron Patel said. "I am so proud to give back to the community during the pandemic."
All plush bears and the total amount of $2,180 proceeds raised were donated for local pediatric cancer patients via sponsorship. In addition, the Edinburg Police Department donated a one of a kind teddy bear that supported the cause.
Friends for Hope is a non-profit organization that supports the Vannie E. Cook Cancer Clinic, who provides life-saving cancer treatment to kids in the Rio Grande Valley, regardless of their financial situation.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 6, 2020
- RGV FC Present Donations Raised to Friends for Hope - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Republic FC Celebrates National Jersey Day by Digging into Equipment Manager's Kit Collection - Sacramento Republic FC
- Houston Dynamo Will Not be Renewing the Contract of Head Coach Gerson Echeverry with RGV FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Phoenix's Solomon Asante Voted 2020 Championship Most Valuable Player - USL
- Reno 1868 FC to Cease Operations - USL
- Reno 1868 FC to Cease Operations - Reno 1868 FC
- OCSC Signs Chris Wehan - Orange County SC
- A Letter from Neill to the Fans - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley FC Toros Stories
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format
- RGV Snake Charmers Give Back to RGV Food Bank with 2021 Calendar Drive-Thru Giveaway
- Houston Dynamo FC & Rio Grande Valley FC Restructure Affiliate Partnership
- Day 11: RGV FC at Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Library
- Day 9: RGV FC at Habitat for Humanity