Revs to Hold National Anthem Auditions
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution is giving local musicians the opportunity to perform in the same venue where superstars like Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney and Bon Jovi will play this summer.
Ahead of its first-ever National Anthem Auditions in March, the Revolution is looking for talented soloists, groups, instrumentalists and other unique musicians to perform the anthem for the team's 2013 home games at Gillette Stadium.
Performers interested in being considered can submit their sample performances digitally between now and 4 p.m. on Friday, March 15. A select group of performers from among those submitting samples in advance will be called back for the live final auditions, which will be held at The Lansdowne Pub in Boston, Mass., on Tuesday, March 19, from 6-8 p.m.
To be considered for the live auditions, submit an .mp3, .mp4 or YouTube video link to DavidC@revolutionsoccer.net, using the subject: National Anthem Submission, with the following information included in the body of the email:
Name Phone number Email address Performance experience
All performers will be asked to sing a cappella and without note cards. Both Mix 104.1 and 103.3 AMP Radio will be on hand during the live auditions, with on-air personalities serving as judges and emcees.
A representative of the Revolution will contact performers selected for live auditions. Due to the large volume of entries expected, no phone calls or emails inquiring about the status of a submission will be accepted.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 25, 2013
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- #RapidsJersey Preview - Colorado Flag Theme - Colorado Rapids
- Kickoff Week Continues Tomorrow with Dynamo Autograph Session - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- KCWE to Air Sporting KC's First Two MLS Matches - Sporting Kansas City
- Revs to Hold National Anthem Auditions - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake to Hold National Anthem Auditions on March 11 - Real Salt Lake
- Blake Smith Signs with Impact - Montreal Impact
- Villarreal Scores as U.S. U-20 Defeat Costa Rica to Win Group A - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Add Canadian Goalkeeper Simon Thomas - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- #RapidsJersey Sneak Preview - Today on 9News at 4 O'Clock - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire March to Los Angeles to Open 16th MLS Season - Chicago Fire
- FC Dallas Inks Landmark Television Deal with Time Warner Cable - FC Dallas
- D.C. United U-23 Academy Team Set to Compete in the NPSL in 2013 - D.C. United
- Houston Dynamo Launch Major Social, Digital Media Platform - Houston Dynamo
- MLS and the French Football Federation Announce Partnership - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- First-Round SuperDraft Pick Segbers Loaned to USL Side Orange County Soccer Club
- Krisztián Németh Called in to Hungary National Team
- Revolution Sign Local Talent as First Official eMLS Competitor
- Revolution Legend Shalrie Joseph Named Head Coach of Grenada National Team
- Brad Friedel Nominated for 2018 National Soccer Hall of Fame Induction