KCWE to Air Sporting KC's First Two MLS Matches
Sporting Kansas City's first two matches of the 2013 MLS season will air live in HD on KCWE, the club announced on Monday. Both matches will feature a 30-minute pre-game and post-game show on location with the commentary team of Callum Williams and Jake Yadrich.
KSMO-TV will air both matches on tape delay due to prior programming conflicts.
Sporting Kansas City opens the season at 3 p.m. CT on Saturday at the Philadelphia Union, followed by a trip to Toronto FC one week later at 12:30 p.m. CT on Saturday, March 9 at the Rogers Centre.
The team will host an official Watch Party in the Boulevard Members Club on Saturday for the season opener, including special guests Teal Bunbury and Jacob Peterson. Doors open at 2 p.m. CT and parking is available in Lot D. Food and drink specials will be available and all in attendance will be entered into a raffle to win the team's newly designed 2013 home jersey, which will be available to purchase along with other new Sporting Style products for the 2013 season.
KCWE, available over the air throughout the metropolitan area, served as the team's broadcast partner for the 2010 season. Owned by The Hearst Corporation and managed by Hearst-Argyle Television, KCWE is a CW affiliate and sister station to KMBC.
The station can be seen on the following channel positions:
Over the Air: D29-01
Time Warner cable: 1431
Comcast Cable MO: 236
Comcast Cable KS: 235
Sure West cable: 615
Sunflower Broadband: 206
Over the Air: 29
Time Warner Cable: 7
Comcast Cable MO: 2
Comcast Cable KS: 13
Sure West cable: 16
Sundflower Broadband: 17
Dish Network: 29
Charter Cablevision (Warrensburg or Sedalia): 2
Please note: When discussing our team, please refer to the club on first reference as Sporting Kansas City or Sporting KC. Single-game tickets are on sale for the first nine matches of the 2013 MLS season at state-of-the-art Sporting Park. Visit Ticketmaster or the Sporting Park box office to secure seats.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 25, 2013
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- #RapidsJersey Preview - Colorado Flag Theme - Colorado Rapids
- Kickoff Week Continues Tomorrow with Dynamo Autograph Session - Houston Dynamo
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- KCWE to Air Sporting KC's First Two MLS Matches - Sporting Kansas City
- Revs to Hold National Anthem Auditions - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake to Hold National Anthem Auditions on March 11 - Real Salt Lake
- Blake Smith Signs with Impact - Montreal Impact
- Villarreal Scores as U.S. U-20 Defeat Costa Rica to Win Group A - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Add Canadian Goalkeeper Simon Thomas - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- #RapidsJersey Sneak Preview - Today on 9News at 4 O'Clock - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire March to Los Angeles to Open 16th MLS Season - Chicago Fire
- FC Dallas Inks Landmark Television Deal with Time Warner Cable - FC Dallas
- D.C. United U-23 Academy Team Set to Compete in the NPSL in 2013 - D.C. United
- Houston Dynamo Launch Major Social, Digital Media Platform - Houston Dynamo
- MLS and the French Football Federation Announce Partnership - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.