Red-Hot Knighthawks Host Vancouver Saturday
With two games remaining in their regular-season schedule, the Rochester Knighthawks are one of the National Lacrosse League's hottest teams. Rochester will take its season-high three-game winning streak into Saturday's contest against the Vancouver Warriors. Faceoff is set for 7:30 p.m. at Connors & Ferris Field at The Blue Cross Arena.
Broadcast Info: The game will be broadcast on 107.3 The Bull and the iHeartRadio app. Fans can watch the contest on B/R Live.
Head-to-Head: The contest is the first and only meeting of the season between the two teams.
Scouting the Knighthawks: Rochester enters the game with a 5-11 record after stringing together three consecutive victories. On April 12, Kyle Jackson scored at 2:15 of overtime to give the K-Hawks a thrilling 10-9 victory over the Colorado Mammoth. Rochester used a balanced offensive effort as it received goals from eight different players. Ryan Benesch and Austin Shanks powered the offense with four-point efforts. Cody Jamieson chipped in three points, while Jake Withers posted two points (1+1) and won 17 faceoffs. Goalie Warren Hill made 44 saves to win his third straight game. In his last three starts, Hill has made 130 saves and posted an 8.90 goals-against average. He currently leads the NLL with a .799 save percentage.
- Kyle Jackson needs three assists to reach 100.
- Cody Jamieson is seven points away from 700 in his career.
- Ryan Benesch is six points away from becoming only the 10th player in NLL history to reach 1,000 points.
Scouting the Warriors: Vancouver (5-11) travels to Rochester after recording its most dominating effort of the season. On Sunday, the Warriors defeated the Philadelphia Wings, 19-12, to keep their playoff hopes alive in the West Division. With the victory, Vancouver ended a three-game losing streak. In the must-win game, the Warriors blew open the contest by scoring nine straight goals in the opening 15 minutes to take a 9-1 lead. Keegan Bal, who had three goals in the first, led the way with career highs in goals (five), assists (nine) and points (14). The Warriors also received 10 points from Mitch Jones. Former Knighthawk Aaron Bold made 61 saves to pick up the win.
Next Game: Rochester will close out the regular season on Saturday, April 27 as it hosts the New England Black Wolves at 7:30 p.m. at Connors & Ferris Field at The Blue Cross Arena. The game, which is presented by RICOH, will include the team's annual awards night. To purchase tickets, fans can call or text (585) 454-4295.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Red-Hot Knighthawks Host Vancouver Saturday - Rochester Knighthawks
- Georgia Swarm Cap Regular Season with Home Game against Wings - Georgia Swarm
- Warriors Sign Matt Beers to Extension - Vancouver Warriors
- Playoff Clinching Scenarios Weeks 19 and 20 - NLL
- Rush Positioned to Clinch First in West this Weekend - Saskatchewan Rush
- National Lacrosse League, Philadelphia Wings, Georgia Swarm Host "Back the Braid" Celebration Saturday Night in Atlanta - NLL
- Rush vs. Roughnecks Game Notes - Saskatchewan Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.