Red-Hot Clippers Cruise Past Sioux Falls
ONTARIO, CA - The Agua Caliente Clippers (6-1) bounce back a night after suffering their first loss of the regular season, taking down the Sioux Falls Skyforce (2-8), 129-101, on Tuesday night.
Agua Caliente shot 53.5 percent from the field (46-for-86) on the night and 58.3 percent from three-point range (21-for-36).
Six Clippers scored in double-figures led by Nate Darling's game-high 23 points, including five-of-eight shooting from distance. Keon Johnson followed close behind with 20 points.
The Agua Caliente second unit was led by Shevon Thompson's double-double (10 points, 13 rebounds) and Xavier Moon's 18 points, six rebounds, and six assists.
Sioux Falls also saw six players record double-digit scoring on the night, including all five starters, led by Javonte Smart's 16-point, 10-rebound double-double. NBA veteran Mario Chalmers paced the Skyforce bench with 14 points, four rebounds, and five assists.
The Clippers broke the game open in the second quarter, where 26-7 run with six and a half minutes remaining in the quarter gave them a 19-point lead at the half. From there they would lead by as much as 36 on their way to victory.
Next up, Agua Caliente keeps their busy week going as they host the Iowa Wolves on Thursday, January 27. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. PT inside the Toyota Arena in Ontario, Calif.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 26, 2022
- Go-Go Drop Overtime Game to Knicks - Capital City Go-Go
- Game Preview: at Clippers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Red-Hot Clippers Cruise Past Sioux Falls - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Legends Shoot Lights-Out to Even the Series with Wolves - Texas Legends
- Red-Hot Clippers Cruise Past Sioux Falls - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Windy City Bulls Knock off Lakeland Magic, Lindsey Scores 22 - Windy City Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.