RazorSharks Defeat Indiana Before Record Crowd
(Rochester, New York) - The battle of the top two ranked teams in the American Basketball Association played out last night in Rochester, New York as the #2 ranked Rochester RazorSharks defeated the #1 ranked Indiana Alley Cats 113-98 in front of a franchise-record 6,192 fans at The Blue Cross Arena.
Indiana took a one-point lead with seven minutes left in the third quarter, but Rochester pulled away in the fourth quarter for the win. James Reaves scored 21 points and Brian Edwards added 14 points for Rochester, who improved to 22-3 and are currently riding a 14 game winning streak. The RazorSharks have won 18 of their last 19 contests. Chandler Thompson netted 19 for Indiana, who dropped to 23-4 on the season.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from February 24, 2006
- Dennis Scott And The Atlanta Vision offers Terrell Owens a Professional Basketball Contract - Atlanta Vision
- Rap artist Jason Miller to do halftime show at Alley Cats game - Indiana AlleyCats
- Shooting Starz talent competition to debut at ABA Championship Playoffs - ABA
- ABA Salutes Freedom Calls - ABA
- ABALIVETALK adds new features on Saturday's show - ABA
- RazorSharks Defeat Indiana Before Record Crowd - Rochester RazorSharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.