Rascals Fall Flat against Boomers
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. - The River City Rascals could never get their offense going, and lost the third game of their series against the Schaumburg Boomers by a score of 4-1 on Wednesday afternoon. Kameron Esthay record two of the team's four hits on the night, also driving in their only run. The Boomers lead the series 2-1 with one game to play.
Quincy Nieporte put the Boomers on the board with a two-run blast to left in the bottom of the first inning. Esthay cut into the lead with his RBI single in the top of the fifth, but the Boomers added two more in the bottom of the frame, on an RBI single from Nieporte and a bases-loaded walk from Brock Carpenter. The Rascals left 11 men on base in the loss, including five over the final three innings.
Gunnar Kines (6-4) earned the win, allowing just one run on three hits with seven strikeouts over six innings. Keenan Bartlett (0-1) suffered the loss, allowing four runs in four innings with four strikeouts. Connor Eller earned his league-leading 18th save of the season with a 1-2-3 ninth inning.
The Rascals (38-31) will look to earn a series split against the Boomers (37-31) in tomorrow's finale.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from July 31, 2019
- Windy City Walks off on FC, Error by Washington in 11 Innings - Washington Wild Things
- Miners Fall to Slammers - Southern Illinois Miners
- Nicely's Five-Hit Shutout Gives Otters Win over Crushers - Evansville Otters
- Freedom Emerge in Shutout of Gateway - Florence Y'alls
- Kahaloa Stars, But Grizzlies Shut Out - Gateway Grizzlies
- Rascals Fall Flat against Boomers - River City Rascals
- Boomers Win on Day Camp Day - Schaumburg Boomers
- Crushers Blanked by Otters - Lake Erie Crushers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.