Rampage Mini-Camp Opens This Friday
The Grand Rapids Rampage will hold a three-day mini-camp beginning this Friday, December 2 through Sunday, December 4 at the Soccer Spot in Kentwood. All 37 players under contract are expected to participate. Mini-camp consists of three non-pads practices, game-tape sessions and team meetings. Practice times listed below.
Per team policy, practices at the Soccer Spot are open to the public and media. Rampage players and coaches will be available for media interviews 15 minutes before and 15 minutes following practices. The team will also be available for fans wanting autographs immediately following practice all three days.
For the second straight year, the Rampage players will each donate at least one toy of at least $10 to a local West Michigan charity. Last year, the players donated over $5,000 worth of toys. This Friday at the Soccer Spot, the Rampage players will donate a new batch of toys to the Salvation Army/WOOD TV 8 Angel Tree after practice. It will be televised live on WOOD TV 8 around 12:30 p.m.
RAMPAGE MINI-CAMP PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Friday, December 2 10:00 a.m. -12:15 p.m. (toy donation at 12:30 p.m.)
Saturday, December 3 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Sunday, December 4 7:15 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
The Rampage open training camp on January 2, 2006 and must cut down to 24 players by January 23. Grand Rapids kicks off its ninth AFL season at Columbus on Sunday, January 29 when they face the Destroyers at 3:00 p.m. The Rampage's home opener is Friday, February 3 when they host the five-time ArenaBowl champion Tampa Bay Storm at 7:30 p.m. on Centennial Wireless Field at Van Andel Arena. Tune in on WOOD-TV channel 8 (NBC) in the Grand Rapids area all-season long for the Rampage's drive to ArenaBowl XX and the AFL's 20th season celebration.
Rampage 2006 season tickets are now on sale. To reserve your season tickets for hard-hitting, high scoring, non-stop Rampage football on Centennial Wireless Field at Van Andel Arena, call the Rampage offices at 1.888.595.4878 or log on to RampageFootball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from November 29, 2005
- Wranglers sign veteran defensive specialist to complement secondary - Austin Wranglers
- Rampage Mini-Camp Opens This Friday - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Blaze sign quarterback Jason Gesser - Utah Blaze
- Former Saints and VooDoo executive joins Wranglers - Austin Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Rampage Stories
- Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz Hold Open Player Tryout in Grand Rapids
- Former Rampage Player Leif Murphy Back with the IFL's Storm
- Rage Dance Team Pom & Dance Challenge
- Rage Dance Team to Perform at Davenport Basketball Games
- AFL Suspends 2009 Season; Rampage Prepare for Future