Blaze sign quarterback Jason Gesser
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Blaze announce the signing of quarterback JASON GESSER (6-1, 203, Washington State) to a one-year contract. Gesser, who is entering his rookie AFL season, spent time with the NFL's Tennessee Titans and CFL's Calgary Stampeders the last two seasons. Terms of the contract were not disclosed due to team policy.
"Jason is a strong, intelligent quarterback," said Blaze head coach and general manager DANNY WHITE. "In this league, you need to have depth at the quarterback position. Gesser fills that need for us and we expect him to compete for playing time immediately."
The Honolulu, HI native was the Pac-10 Co-Offensive Player of the Year with CARSON PALMER in 2002 and set numerous Washington State and Pac-10 passing records. Gesser led the conference in passing efficiency three straight years and finished seventh in Heisman Trophy balloting as a senior. He was the only player in Washington State history to be elected team captain three straight years and guided the Cougars to back-to-back 10-win seasons in 2001-2002.
Season tickets for the Blaze's 2006 season are now on sale and start as low as $10 per game. For more information call (801) 257-3111 or log on to www.utahblaze.com. The Blaze kick off the 2006 season in San Jose on Saturday, January 28 against the two-time ArenaBowl champion San Jose SaberCats. Don't miss the return of the AFL on NBC and Fox Sports Net beginning in January.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from November 29, 2005
- Wranglers sign veteran defensive specialist to complement secondary - Austin Wranglers
- Rampage Mini-Camp Opens This Friday - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Blaze sign quarterback Jason Gesser - Utah Blaze
- Former Saints and VooDoo executive joins Wranglers - Austin Wranglers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Blaze Stories
- AFL, Utah Blaze suspend operations for 2009 season
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek Fares Well at Power-Lifting Meet
- Utah Blaze DL Chris Janek to participate in powerlifting competition
- Matt Griff Takes A Liking To Extreme Sports
- Utah Blaze Offensive Coordinator Tony Kimbrough No Stranger To Change