Rampage into Playoffs with Win at New Orleans Saturday
NEW ORLEANS - Having won their last two games, the Grand Rapids Rampage are just one victory away from a trip to the Arena Football League's postseason for the first time since 2003. With a road win over the New Orleans VooDoo in the team's regular-season finale Saturday (June 21), the Rampage would guarantee themselves a playoff spot and maintain their hopes to host an American Conference Wild Card playoff game.
Should Grand Rapids knock off the VooDoo, who have lost five of their last six games but boast a 6-1 home record this season, the Rampage would need losses by the Colorado Crush (vs. Kansas City Brigade) and the Utah Blaze (at Arizona Rattlers) to earn a home playoff game. Meanwhile, Grand Rapids can still advance to the postseason with a loss if the Tampa Bay Storm defeat the Los Angeles Avengers.
Last week, Grand Rapids kept its playoff hopes alive with a 63-60 road win over the Columbus Destroyers. The Rampage defense sealed the narrow victory when defensive back William "Roc" Haith (Washington, D.C.) broke up a fourth-down pass in his end zone with just two seconds remaining in the game. The victory marked Grand Rapids' second win away from Van Andel Arena this season, the most for a Rampage squad since 2003. Meanwhile, a victory Saturday night would give Grand Rapids its first three-game winning streak since 2003 as well.
Rampage fans can hear every snap of Saturday's game with play-by-play voice Joe Parson at RampageFootball.com beginning at 6:45 p.m. (EDT). Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m. The game will also be broadcast live by WSXP-TV across West Michigan beginning at 7 p.m. For additional information including updated schedules, rosters, and ticket options, visit RampageFootball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from June 20, 2008
- LME Parters with the Dallas Desperados for football event at Texas Stadium - Dallas Desperados
- Chicago's Robinson Can Set Interception Record on Russel Athletic ESPN Arena Football Sunday - AFL I
- Soul Sign Raheem Orr - Philadelphia Soul
- Rampage into Playoffs with Win at New Orleans Saturday - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Storm Host Final Regular Season Game Saturday - Tampa Bay Storm
- Pair Of Offensive Linemen Added To Rush Roster - Chicago Rush
- Force Vs Sabercats - Georgia Force
- Unveiling Of Storm Custom Motorcycle - Tampa Bay Storm
- Soul Look To Conquer Dragons - Philadelphia Soul
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Rampage Stories
- Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz Hold Open Player Tryout in Grand Rapids
- Former Rampage Player Leif Murphy Back with the IFL's Storm
- Rage Dance Team Pom & Dance Challenge
- Rage Dance Team to Perform at Davenport Basketball Games
- AFL Suspends 2009 Season; Rampage Prepare for Future