Rainmen Victorious Over Kebs in Game One of Playoff Series
(QUEBEC CITY, QC) Sunday afternoon's National Basketball League of Canada playoff game at the Université Laval proved victorious for the Halifax Rainmen, who defeated the Quebec Kebs by a score of 96-87.
The win gives the Rainmen an early advantage in the best-of-three playoff series, as the series will conclude in Halifax with game two being played on Thursday, March 15 at 7 p.m. and game three being played on Friday, March 16 at 7 p.m., if necessary.
Leading the Rainmen were Lawrence Wright and Chris Hagan with 16 points apiece, followed by Justin Johnson and Darnell Hugee with 12. Tyrone Levett had a double-double for the Rainmen with 10 points and 10 rebounds, while Joey Haywood chipped in with 10 points.
Ralphy Holmes led the Kebs with 18 points and 12 rebounds, followed by Yannick Anzuluni with 13 points, and Shaun Fountain and Royce Parran with 12 points each. James "Boo" Jackson had a double-double for the Kebs with 11 points and 11 rebounds. The box score statistics can be found at www.dakstats.com.
Tickets for the remainder of the series taking place at the Halifax Metro Centre on Thursday, March 15 at 7 p.m. and Friday, March 16 at 7 p.m., if necessary, are now on sale at Ticket Atlantic locations and the Metro Centre Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from March 11, 2012
- Rainmen Victorious Over Kebs in Game One of Playoff Series - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse