Rainmen Fall in Opener
The Halifax Rainmen came up short in their season opener against the Moncton Miracles, dropping the opening contenst of their 2014/2015 NBL Canada campaign 117-113 in Moncton Friday night.
The Rainmen started off with an impressive 8-0 run, however the game quickly turned into a much closer affair, with the Halifax Rainmen holding a slim 60-54 lead at halftime over the Miracles. By the end of the third quarter the teams were square at 81, setting up an exciting fourth quarter.
Moncton's defense proved to be the deciding factor, holding the Rainmen to two points in the final three and a half minutes.
Emmanuel Jones was dominant for the Rainmen, putting up 33 points and hauling down seven rebounds. Tyrone Watson had 17 points with nine rebounds. Stanley Robinson had 28 points and 14 rebounds for the Moncton Miracles. Trayvon Lathan had an impressive 26 points and seven boards for the Miracles as well.
The Halifax Rainmen are back in action tomorrow evening, Saturday November 8th, when we host the Island Storm in our home opener at the Scotiabank Centre. Tip off is at 7pm AST and tickets are available through Ticket Atlantic.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from November 7, 2014
- Power spoil A's home opener - Orangeville A's
- Rainmen Fall in Opener - Halifax Rainmen
- Miracles Win Down the Stretch against the Rainmen - Moncton Miracles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse