Rainmen Defeat Jazz on the Road
On Friday the Halifax Rainmen defeated the Montreal Jazz 112-104 in Montreal. With the win the Rainmen improved to 18-17 on the season, taking sole possession of second place in the Atlantic Conference and fourth in the NBL Canada.
The Rainmen were led by forward Quinnel Brown, who scored a Rainmen season high 40 points. Guards Melvin Goins and Joey Haywood chipped in with 13 points each. It was the first time since the NBLC began in 2011 that the Rainmen have had a 40 point scorer.
The Rainmen now travel to the Saint John to take on their Atlantic Conference Rivals the Saint John Mill Rats on Sunday, in a game with huge playoff implications. The Rainmen are looking to stay ahead of the 17-17 Mill Rats in the playoff race, and lead the season series 4-3. The Mill Rats would need to beat the Rainmen by 31 or more points in order to take the tie-breaker, if the two teams finish the regular season with tied records.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from March 1, 2013
- Express Demolishes St. John Millrats - Windsor Express
- Rainmen Defeat Jazz on the Road - Halifax Rainmen
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse