Rainmen Advance to Championship
(HALIFAX, NS) The Halifax Rainmen made franchise history this evening when they defeated the Quebec Kebs in front of a roaring crowd of 1,982 fans. The win advances Nova Scotia's only professional sports team to the championship final against the London Lightning. The final score of the game was 106-95.
Leading the Rainmen to their victory was Chris Hagan with 27 points, followed by Tyrone Levett with 25 points and 11 rebounds. Lawrence Wright added 17 points in the win.
Carl Krauser had 19 points for the Kebs, followed by Ricky Volcy with 13 and Aaron Spears, Yannick Anzuluni and Royce Parran added 11 each. The box score statistics can be found below.
The Rainmen will travel to London tomorrow, where they will take on the first-place team in the best-of-five championship series on Sunday March 18 at 4 p.m. EST and Monday March 19 at 7 p.m. EST. The Rainmen will return to the Metro Centre on Wednesday, March 21 at 7 p.m. AST and Thursday, March 22 at 7 p.m. AST, if necessary. Game five will be played in London on Sunday, March 25 at 2 p.m. EST, if necessary.
Tickets for the championship playoff series go on sale Monday, March 19 at Ticket Atlantic locations and the Metro Centre Box Office. For more information about the Halifax Rainmen, please visit www.rainmenbasketball.ca.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from March 16, 2012
- The Halifax Rainmen Head to the Finals to Take on the Lightning - NBL Canada
- Rainmen Advance to Championship - Halifax Rainmen
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse