RailCats Acquire Pitcher Quijano for Third Time
GARY, Ind. - The RailCats will welcome back left-handed pitcher Alain Quijano for a third time, as they acquired him from Grand Prairie in a trade for right-handed pitcher Marshall Schuler. The RailCats also received right-handed pitcher Ian Durham from Florence in the Frontier League for a player to be named later.
Quijano, 30, spent time with the RailCats in both 2009 and 2011. He started 13 games as a RailCat in 2011, and was 4-3 with a 4.61 ERA in 70 1/3 innings. Last season, Quijano made 18 starts between Sioux City and Grand Prairie in the American Association, combining for a 5-7 record and a 3.91 ERA in 112 2/3 innings. Quijano is also an assistant baseball coach at Moraine Valley Community College. He has pitched for seven different independent teams during his seven-year career.
Durham, 24, made 19 appearances and two starts for Florence last year, and was 1-2 with a 2.30 ERA and 21 strikeouts in 27 1/3 innings. He was a 28th Round pick of the Phillies in the 2011 draft, and had a 3.62 ERA and two saves in 18 games for their Gulf Coast League affiliate that season.
Schuler was acquired by the RailCats during the 2012 season in a trade with the Normal CornBelters and was 2-3 with a 5.11 ERA and one save in 21 appearances for the 'Cats.
The RailCats will open the season at home on May 16, 2013 against the Lincoln Saltdogs at U. S. Steel Yard.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from February 12, 2013
- RedHawks Acquire Can-Am League Home Run Leader - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Former Phillies, Nats Righty Signs with Saltdogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- RailCats Acquire Pitcher Quijano for Third Time - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gary SouthShore Railcats Stories
- RailCats Opening Weekend Loaded with Family Fun
- RailCats Opening Weekend Loaded with Family Fun; Tickets on Sale March 23rd
- RailCats High School Challenge Returns to U.S. Steel Yard for 16th Season
- Gary Southshore RailCats Announce 2018 Open Tryout Camp
- Gary SouthShore RailCats Announce New Team Physician and Athletic Training Partnership with Methodist Hospitals